School holiday online lessons will be available to people who’d like to keep going during the Easter break. Please let me know if you’d like to have lessons during the break and we can work out a day and time that suits you best. Lessons for term 2 will commence online (unless advised otherwise) on Monday 20th April. It’ll be great to have fun activities to keep us all engaged during this time. Also keep an eye out for my free music workshops during the Easter holidays 💕❤️🎵
Online lessons are great in so many situations! Here’s a few of my favourites:
- I have a fantastic teacher but he/she lives too far away for me to travel (or in a different city, state or country!)
- I can’t get to my lesson today (great if family members can’t take you, you’re waiting for deliveries, you don’t want to take off your slippers)
- I’m not feeling very well – but well enough to learn. I don’t want to share my bug with my teacher and other students.
Technology is a wonderful thing. I have also taken online lessons with a fabulous vocal coach – Kimberley Smith of That Sweet Roar – teachers love to learn too! Check out Kim’s site – she’s fabulous!!
Any additional digital resources will be provided to you before the lesson so that you’re ready to go.
In order for me to be super prepared for your lesson, I just ask that you provide me with as much advance notice if you need to switch from an in person private lesson to a online lesson
Great things about online lessons:
- Learn from the comfort of home
- Reduced travel time – no travel time!
- They’re super fun and engaging!
- You’ll receive a video of the lesson afterwards to keep and replay
Online lessons – what you’ll need
- Time to set up before your lesson (5-10 minutes – hey that’s quicker than driving to my house!!)
- Device with camera and Skype or Zoom app
- Internet connection
- Your normal lesson resources – sheet music, worksheets, lyrics, keyboard for pianists
We attend buddy lessons – will this work for us?
Buddy lessons are best in person (I haven’t tried a multiple lesson in an online format but I can imagine it would be interesting – let me know if you’d like to try!) as much of the fun comes from interacting and collaborating. Video lessons are available as an option if you are unable to attend your buddy lesson.
Freebie for my students
I’d love you to see how fun and engaging online lessons can be. I’m offering my students a free 15 minute online lesson to experience it first hand. I’ll be releasing lesson times for you to book into via the My Music Staff student/parent portal If you need your usename and password reset, please message me and I’ll reset it for you.
What if I’m too sick for an online lesson?
Great question! I’ll use your regular lesson time to prepare a video lesson for you. You’ll be provided with a video lesson that you can do when you’re feeling better. This will be available from the My Music Staff student/parent portal and you can download it and watch at your leisure – as many times as you like.
I’m happy to help by answering any questions you have. The best way to experience it is to book in your free 15 minute online lesson and I’ll send you a quick set up guide including tips for position of the camera to get you started.