I hope you have fun exploring our virtual classroom. Please let me know what games, activities and resources you’d like included in here!
We’ve had so much fun online during the holidays with holiday workshops. We’ve dressed up, played games and held mini recitals! I’m so proud of how creative and engaged students are.
Term two commences on Monday! Wow – that came about quickly!
Student’s regular time slots will be maintained so that when we transition back to face to face learning, these will be protected. However, if during the 5 weeks of remote learning you wish to change your lesson time to during the school day, I’ll be happy to accommodate you.
In addition to scheduled lessons, we will have free daily online music catch ups (Monday to Thursday) so that students can say hi to their music friends, play games and perform for each other.
New students – to enrol for term two, please follow this link and complete the form You’ll notice it takes you to a different looking site.
If you have any challenges with this – please reach out and I’ll be happy to help you.
Everyone has done an incredible job with online lessons this month! I’m so proud of you.
Here is a quick checklist of resources available to students:
- AMEB Online Theory Course (grades 1 to 3)
- Piano Maestro (for iPad)
- Supersonics Plus (all devices)
- Tonara Practice Platform (tablet or phone)
Some quick tips for setting up for your online lesson
- Please download Zoom onto your device before the lesson
- To make lessons interactive, there will be some activities where students are asked to annotate the screen – this can be done on any device – have a play around with it with students so they feel comfortable and confident
- Have your books/resources ready to go before we start (don’t forget your pencil)
- Piano/Keyboard: Find a way to prop up the camera so that I’ll be able to see the student’s hands
- Voice: Angle the camera so that I can see a full body view of students when they are singing
- Voice: Have your backing tracks ready to go on a separate device (if possible) so that you can sing along to them
- Everyone: Have fun! (I’d love to meet any pets and favourite toys you’d like to introduce to me!!)
If you’d like to change your lesson day/time during the social distancing restriction period – please reach out. I’m happy to temporarily reschedule lessons. I’m also happy to split lessons into shorter blocks of time and spread them out during the week. This is great if you’re noticing that students are a bit fatigued. For example – you may wish to split your regular 30 minute lesson into two 15 minute lessons eg. one on a Tuesday and the other on a Thursday.
Don’t forget to check out the holiday workshops and register for any that interest you. These will be updated regularly.
Love your work everyone – you’re doing an incredible job!
I hope you’re hanging in there. It’s certainly been a challenging time for many families.
Due to the new government directive, it is necessary to move lessons online or by video delivery as soon as possible. From Monday 30th March, all lessons will be via Zoom (for online delivery) or a video lesson will be prepared and the link and any associated resources will be emailed to students. If you haven’t had a chance to arrange an online lesson with me, we’ll do so as a priority (it only takes 15 minutes and it’s super easy and fun).
For existing students and families: If you have lost your job/significant income due to this situation and it is impacting your ability to be able to afford lessons, please contact me and I will be happy to provide free tuition for term 2.
I’d like to remind you of the awesome resources that are available to you at no extra cost that I’ve subscribed to, to make lessons more engaging, fun and functional in this online environment. Please please please do make use of them. I believe at this time I have one keyboard that I can loan out to a student who may not have one (I do need to test that it works properly). Please let me know if this is helpful.
- Tonara – an engaging practice app for singing and piano students where lesson content and related resources are available to students including sheet music, backing tracks and links to apps and content
- Piano Maestro – a fantastic sight reading and performance app for students to play piano/keyboard along to wonderful music. This is available on iOS
- Supersonics Plus Piano – all your sheet music, theory and backing tracks for the Supersonics Piano Series
Should you need login’s re-sent to you for these apps, please reach out and I’ll be happy to resend. I’m sharing fun and engaging educational apps daily through our studio Facebook page – www.facebook.com/musicwithmissbec and resources and updates are available through our studio Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1777980335827454/
Free holiday workshops (and possibly some will be introduced next week) will be available so that students can remain socially connected and have fun. Information is available on my website and I’ll keep you posted with any updates.
It’s my absolute priority to do everything I can to maintain a sense of normalcy and well-being for students and their families in these difficult times. Please let me know of any suggestions you have or if there is any way that I can help you.
Join me at 10am each day from the 6th to the 9th of April for a program of online holiday fun!
Register here and I’ll send you a link to join the classes. Please nominate which day(s) you’d like to join us!
The program for week two will be coming soon!